Characteristics of curry are spices that are rich in spices including turmeric, coriander, pepper, galangal, ginger, red chili, red onion, garlic, fennel, nutmeg, lemongrass, cinnamon and cumin which are mashed, mixed, then cooked in coconut milk.
This dish has a characteristic yellow color due to the influence of turmeric juice. This food is considered as another form of curry, and internationally it is often referred to as Indonesian-style curry, although in Indonesian culinary arts curry is also found.
The Jambi people also have their own regional curry food, such as catfish curry. Actually the author rarely eats this food, but the food there is sugar I like the author. Because of the savory taste of the broth.
- 1kg of catfish, Cut into pieces
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 lemongrass stems, take the white crushed
- 200 ml of coconut milk
- 1/2 liter of coconut milk ecer
- 1.5 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- 8 cloves of shallot
- 4 candlenuts, roasted
- 3 turmeric, burnt
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cm jahe
- Brush the catfish for 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon lime juice and let it sit for 10 minutes,
- Saute ground spices with lemongrass and bay leaves until the fragrance smells.
- Pour coconut milk, sugar, and salt and cook until boiling.
- Add the catfish and cook until cooked.
- Pour thick coconut milk, cook until boiling.
- Jambi Patin Fish Curry is ready to be served.
Tags : Food